Saturday, May 17, 2014

Watercolor Wash Nautical Card With Try Stampin' on Tuesday Sketch #167

If you are looking for the Color My Heart Color Dare #94 card please go here.

There is a nautical theme challenge at Cards 4 Guyz and a Maritime theme challenge at Keep it Simple that interested me so I combined this theme with the current Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch #167 that I really like.  I've been taking the Online Card Class for Watercolors so I chose to paint my background instead of using strips of paper (although I do plan to try this sketch with patterned paper soon).


First thing I did was put Versamark ink on the positive side of a Cuttlebug folder.  Next I pressed the Bristol paper against it and rubbed with my fingers and then sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder on it and heat set it.
Masking tape was applied to create the white area while I painted the stripes from four different Close To My Heart ink pads.  (Acrylic block stamped with ink and then spritzed with water to create the "watercolor paint".)

Close To My Heart products used:
    Sky ink
    Lagoon ink
    True Teal ink (retired)
    Pacifica ink
    acrylic block
    Hello stamp (retired)
    Sailboat stamp (retired)
    Clear Detail Embossing Powder
    3D Foam Tape
 

Other products:
    Cuttlebug Anchors Aweigh embossing folder
    Bristol paper by Strathmore
    Versamark Ink

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie


11 comments:

Paperesse said...

This is a perfect card for our theme this week, your Highness! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Love the colors on your card, and how you used them to create the sketch instead of different pieces of paper. Thanks for playing with us this week at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
Sara H.

Julie B said...

Love how you created the background Marie, I might have a go myself.
Thanks for sharing with us at C4G this week. :0)

Cazro said...

Interesting techniques use, a great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Unknown said...

Love your card! Great for any guy!

Kimbo said...

Fantastic background technique and a cute card

Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guys this week x

Helen said...

Love your background - very clever.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Janice said...

Beautiful water colors. Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guys!

Unknown said...

Oh Marie I just LOVE this card :) Beautiful colour technique and the embossing really pops. Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us this week at Try Stampin' on a Tuesday, we sure hope to see you around again soon!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!! Thanks for playing at KIS!!

Hansi Brittain said...

Congratulations on winning two of the top three spots! This is a really cool technique! Thank you for explaining how you did it. I am going to have to give it a try. By the way, Heart 2 Heart also has a nautical themed challenge this month, I think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...