Friday, May 10, 2013

Color Dare #42--Blush, Cotton Candy and Hollyhock--Happy Mother's Day!

 Color My Heart Color Dare is a weekly color challenge that features Close To My Heart colors--feel free to substitute similar colors if you don't have these colors yet. Three lovely pinks are the challenge ingredients for week #42.   From left to right these colors are Blush, Cotton Candy and Hollyhock.  Before I glued them to the Black CS I used temporary adhesive to attach them to a piece of scrap paper so I could black emboss the  flourish from the Love Life stamp set.  The #1 Mom medallion was cut from Black and Grey Glitter Paper using the CTMH Artiste cartridge (page 74 shift cut at 1.5").  This piece was then adhered to a square of Black CS and then popped up off of the card using 3D Foam Tape.  The bottom White Daisy stripe was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and then embellished with Pink Glitz Glitter Gel.  The last thing I did to this card was to place Silver Glitz Glitter Gel dots to the ends of the flourish image.


I am also entering this card into the following challenges:
Stuck on U Sketches--Use a Diecut for Mom or Mother
Fantabulous Cricut #159--Mother's Day
ABC Challenges #27--Tic Tac Toe--Glitter, Dry Embossing, Pink Cardstock

I was very pleased to have my hexagon card from last week's Color Dare challenge selected as last week's Top Three in the new Atlantic Hearts Challenge blog.  This blog was started by Atlantic Canadian Close to My Heart consultants Darla Haverstock and Michelle Stewart. 

Now it's your turn to see what you can come up with using these three pinks.  Are you up for this challenge?  If so, please link your blog post featuring your papercrafted creation (does not have to be a card) to Color My Heart Color Dare by Thursday, May 16 at 9PM CT.  I look forward to seeing you in our gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

7 comments:

canadian_liner said...

Love the ombre effect you created by stamping across the colour-graduated panels. And that flourish is such a happy shape! I hope someone makes YOU such a wonderful Mother's day card.

sarahstone said...

What a gorgeous card, Marie! I love that flourish as your main focal point of the card and the little dots of glitz at the ends. Very pretty!

Hansi Brittain said...

Very dramatic! Embossing the flourish over the panels makes it look like the panels are back lit.

Lela said...

Of course I love this! The pink colors are so fun for this weeks CMH #42 Challenge and fun card for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge at ABC Challenge blog

Heather said...

Love the ombre look of this card and that flourish is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

Missy said...

This is so pretty, I really like the elegant black swirls you added. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

Lynn B. said...

This is really pretty. I love the way you embossed the flourish, I'm going to have to try that! Thanks for joining the Mother's Day challenge at FCCB.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...