Friday, January 9, 2015

Snowhaven Napkin Fold Card for Color Dare #125

Happy 2015! Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge!  (I can't believe my last Color Dare post was a month ago!)  This week we are challenging you to create something with the following Close To My Heart colors--Cranberry and Glacier (think Snowhaven paper palette).  You may add the following neutrals--Whisper, Black and White Daisy.  (New policy--this year we will indicate which neutrals can be used with the main challenge colors)  Now that the Christmas holidays are over I'm starting to think about Valentine's Day.  I challenged myself to make a napkin fold card.


Outside of card:

Inside of card:


My Santa was very good to me!  He brought me the new Cricut Explore and I am loving it!  This card was made with a Design Space cut file shared by Tabitha Carroll of Shutterscape Creations.  (I'm not sure where I found the cut file as I've joined so many Facebook Cricut Explore groups recently!)  This card became so much easier to make--all I had to do was choose the colors, sponge the creases and glue the pieces down.  The Cricut Explore cut AND scored the White Daisy CS background--how cool is that?  It really cut the intricate doily hearts out beautifully--no snags and easy to get the little pieces out.

Close to my Heart products used:
     White Daisy CS
     Cranberry CS
     Glacier CS
     Snowhaven paper
     Art Philosophy heart
     Slate washi tape mounted over white Daisy (retired)
     One Way Border arrow stamp
     Black pigment ink square
     Clear embossing powder
     XOXO stamp--stamped in both Glacier and Cranberry
     Sponge Daubers
     Happy Valentine's stamp

Now it's your turn to play with these fun colors.  If you don't have these exact colors you may substitute similar colors.  Please limit yourself to adding the following neutrals Whisper, Black and White Daisy.   We would love to have you visit the challenge blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has created and then link up your papercrafted creation with a direct link here.  Hope to see you in our gallery!  The deadline is Thursday evening, January 15 at 9PM CT.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie



   


2 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! This card is fantastic. I love how it looks like a quilt when it is all opened up.

Cat Nowak said...

What a fun card. I can't say I have really seen many of these or they did not catch my eye like this one. I will have to add to my list of projects to try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...